Every church, big or small, can do something…
We believe that the local church should play a unique and essential role in connecting, equipping and supporting adoptive and foster families, as well as those considering the adoption or foster care journey.
Caring for orphans and vulnerable children is a complicated world to step into, but there is great redemption to be experienced. Every church, whether big or small, can do something. Just start somewhere. Your church can step into caring for children through child sponsorship, mentoring, safe families, foster care, or adoption. There are many ways that we can each be involved in making a difference for children in need. EVERYONE can do something and together we can make a difference in the lives of children who are in need of the love and care only a family can provide.
Here are some ideas to get started:
- Host an informational night about safe families, foster care, or adoption for those considering adoption or foster care at your church.
- Meet with adoptive and foster families and ask them what they need most.
- Help connect adoptive and foster families into small group or community group at your church.
- Host an Orphan Sunday Event at your church
- Recommend resources & articles through your church’s website or social media.
- Build a Resource Library of books & resources at your church.
- Organize Wrap Around Care for your adoptive and foster families
- Launch a Support Group for adoptive and foster families at your church.
- Develop partnerships with other churches, adoption agencies, and related non-profit organizations.
There are two important months to remember as you launch your church’s orphan care ministry.
May – National Foster Care Month
November – Orphan Sunday & National Adoption Month